swimming pool recovery session
Swimming POOL RECOVERY SESSION: SUNDAY
30 to 40 minutes
- Swim for 5-10 lengths at a comfortable pace. Then complete a 30 second stretch for the hamstrings, and quads.
- Jog in the water for 5 – 10 mins at a comfortable pace and the stretch the hamstrings quads. Again limit the stretch period to 30 seconds.
- Swim 2 to 3 lengths at a comfortable pace and then stretch the calves.
- Perform walking knee kick outs and back kicks for 2-3min at low intensity then stretch the hip flexors.
- Repeat the routine for 3 to 5 sets.
- Spend 30 to 40 minutes at this session and after returning to the changing area and drying down take a cool/cold shower for two minutes.